Day 12: Buying & Selling


Chest throbbing, palms dripping.  I approach the neatly stacked distressed denims in an array of shades; from charcoal to indigo, navy, cobalt, slate to stone, all the way down to white-wash.  I seize as many as my already-overflowing, quaking arms can carry and head to find the perfect grey t-shirt, even though I already own about seventeen in varying heather tones.  With one of my jackets, I complete my signature look (once again); I update it for the season.  My collection of edgy leather, or non-leather moto jackets include embroidered, studded, distressed, blush-tones, grey suedes… the list is endless.  Purchasing for me is a sport.  There’s an excitement about creating a look that I cannot fathom every growing tired of. 

Selling is the same… I start out more hesitant.  Will I be impressive?  Will I represent my company well?  Do I know all of the answers?  The profuse sweating continues.  I am a walking paradox; simultaneously an introvert and a character all stitched up in one.  My nerves splitting me at the seams and yet selling shares a comparable elation to buying.  There is an end result of satisfaction.  It’s a business and yet it is also a contribution of merchandise that I am proud and contented to deliver.

These two worlds peaceably coexist in my world, as one cannot thrive without the other.  It’s the ying to my yang… or should I say, the credit card to my wallet.

No comments