Day 21: Friendship

Initially introverted, always I would hide away until secure.  Tallying my allies on the digits of my fingers failed to suffice.  I am said to have expectations too great, and yet I feel I was granted an advantage because I knew the integrity injected into my consciousness was a guidepost, casting a light to attract only the most decent of characters.  I was informed at a tender age that there would only be a few, and for a bit of time it felt like that list kept dwindling.  Disheartening as it may have felt, I developed comfort in the sanctity of my own time.  I've shared how critical it has been for me to be with myself and I hope rather than sounding redundant, I can inspire you to make certain that the most intimate, compelling and rewarding friendship be the one you have with yourself.

No comments