Day 26: Prayer

I’m not exactly the praying type... which is not to say that I wasn’t raised that way.  My father brought us to church every Sunday, and my mother taught a set of prayers, both Catholic mixed with her own words, and sat with my brother and then me, night after night, as we recited them in unison. I’m grateful for this and I can say with sincerity that I would not be who I am today without these instilled values.  The power of song resounds on a soul level because of those Sunday mornings knelt in the wooden pews.  My connection to a higher being is a direct result of my mom's dedication to getting to know her children as humans, with a gentle stroke of our hair, respecting us and letting our little voices always be heard. 



I was married in a Catholic church and yet I'm finding myself to be far more spiritual as of late.  Kindness, intentional living, meditative creating, and the law of karma all encompass my religion now.  My prayer consists of the thoughts I interlace and publish, in the hopes of moving others to build their own purposed creative life. 


It might not look exactly the way my parents envisioned; it might not be in accordance with their exact dream for me.  It's not every Sunday at church, or a dedication that's identical to what I was taught.  However, I can guarantee  that the power of prayer that they have generously bestowed and sacrificed to develop in their children, is profoundly ingrained in me...spiritually, and evermore.

No comments